The mission of the association shall be the collection, preservation and dissemination of knowledge about the history of Scott and the genealogy of the families of the city of Scott. More particularly, its objectives shall be:
1.To locate and collect any material that may help to establish or illustrate the history of Scott. These materials shall include but are not limited to printed matter such as histories, genealogies, biographies, gazetteers, directories, newspapers, pamphlets, catalogs, circulars, handbills, programs and posters; manuscript materials such as letters, diaries, journals, memoranda, maps, reminiscences, rosters, service records, account books, charts and oral history interviews; audio tapes, video cassettes, films and other multimedia materials; and other materials such as pictures, photographs, painting, portraits, furniture, scenery and such artifacts that illustrate the events and activities of its residents in the city of Scott. These materials are to be collected, exhibited and preserved in accordance with all laws and regulations that may apply to the collection, possession and exhibition of such materials. 2.To promote and conduct programs and activities aimed at the preservation of materials, sites, structures and traditions illustrative of the history of the city of Scott.
3. To disseminate historical information to any interested persons, groups and institutions and to arouse interest in the organization by any of the following means: publishing historical materials in newspapers and books; holding meetings featuring workshops, lectures or informative programs; conducting historic tours; marking or restoring historic buildings and sites; and operating a museum or historic site.
4. To make this material available for study and research by individuals and scholars, ensuring that it is accessible to the public in compliance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
5. To accomplish these goals through the establishment of clearly defined collection, conservation and interpretation policies and procedures.
6. To provide that all programs, functions and events of the association, including membership, shall be made available to anyone regardless of race, color, age, national origin, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, sex or sexual preference.
7. That this organization shall have the power to apply for and receive grants and accept bequests.